Introduction

We are based at Ladbrooks School.
Our school is a full primary in a rural area just outside Christchurch.
We are an enthusiastic learning community of Year 3-5 children and two teachers, Ali and Jo.
We love to learn and enjoy having fun.
Thanks for following us on our learning adventures...

Look down to the right at the labels. Find your child's name or...
Reading ideas - "Great Reads"
General photos - "Sport" or "Toroa"

Tuesday 15 March 2016

Writing inspired by the misty night photo


One spooky night I was flying. l was pulling a heavy  carriage. l felt myself sinking to the ground l could  not fly up again.  The carriage was simply too heavy.  My wings started to get really tired.  I was worried.  I might fall deep into the ocean which is directly underneath me.  I thought the castle was a shadow because it was as black as ink.  Suddenly the bottom of the carriage was in the water.  It started to sink.  I couldn't hold any longer, so I dropped it.  Luckily it was empty. 
Frankie

The search for pearl's
Deep in the depths, a grey submarine emerged from the shadows. It had 5 parts and a escaped pod. In the main hanger there was a little boy and a robot. suddenly an alarm went off. Instantly the robot fell to the ground the little boy went to get another pearl but there was only one left, he grabbed the pearl and said to the robot "Here you go buddy." He stood up with a grin.  The boy showed him the cupboard, pointing straight. He nodded. “We need to get more pearl's.” They rushed to the escape pod. It was only a mater of time before the pearls run out really quickly under water. They ripped out another pearl just in time.

By Ollie

One misty night I was sitting in the carriage with my spooky sister. We didn't know where we were going and then I spotted a mysterious castle.  What is it? I wondered.  I was perplexed by this weird place.  When we got there my sister was excited. I was not.  We got in and I saw the queen. This was a nice queen, she did not turn me into anything but suddenly a wicked witch came by and turned me into a frog.



One misty night a carriage came flying through the air. He is perplexed where the castle is and my name is Jakey.  I am a watcher, I keep an eye on everything.  My job is to know exactly who comes and goes from the castle.  This carriage was not on my list.  What is he doing? I wonder what is going to happen?

Jake

One misty night in the distance a carriage whizzed through the air. I was perplexed. There was a bird which looked like a cross between an eagle and an owl attached by leather strings to the carriage.  It was centyries old. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was flying towards a BIG BIG HOUSE but more like a castle. My name is Flaxow. I was just in bed then it came flying by. It made such a sound I suddenly woke up. I jumped to the window and stood as still as a stone. I was amazed to see such a sight, it zoomed to my eyes. I was lucky to see the sight.  I was tired, I had to go back to bed.

Freddie

Once on a misty night a little carriage came rattling across the mist infected lake and towards the black stained castle .The owner of the castle was petrified that his gests were here early. When they got there they were surprised to see the wizard in his PJ with sweat all over his headfgtg. One of the witches said "You are in your PJ's." He screamed and ran up stars to get dressed. When he came down, he was in his best robe and he said "Now that you're here, why don't you come in and have some toenail pie?” When they were in the castle they had an amazing meal of burnt worms and children's fingers and before they left they all had a slice of toenail pie to take home.  When they left, he could not have kept his eyes open any longer and as he stumbled up the stairs to his bed he said "What a day!”

Amber

My name is Fire Ash. One misty night, the wind was blowing my feathers.
I yelled  “The castle, watch out!”
I zoomed around the corner and landed. I was totally puffed out.  It looked like the mist had poisoned the lake.  Oh no I wonder what's going to happen? I thought to myself.
Logan


No comments:

Post a Comment