Introduction

We are based at Ladbrooks School.
Our school is a full primary in a rural area just outside Christchurch.
We are an enthusiastic learning community of Year 3-5 children and two teachers, Ali and Jo.
We love to learn and enjoy having fun.
Thanks for following us on our learning adventures...

Look down to the right at the labels. Find your child's name or...
Reading ideas - "Great Reads"
General photos - "Sport" or "Toroa"

Wednesday 8 October 2014

Letters to Alex the Lion


13.2.14
Dear Alex,

My name is Tessa Cadigan my name means
Beloved by God. Dad chose my name.
My last name is Irish. My Dads name is Shaun and he is 27 and my mums name is Rosalie and she is 26 (very young!) I also have a two brothers and a sister called Ruby, Luke and Archie. Ruby is 4, Luke is 2 and Archie is 10 months. I am a fan of horses and ponies and I like watching my kitten fall off things and the colour blue.
I definitely don’t like dark places, if it is dark in my bedroom I don’t go up there.
I have a kitten and a pony. My pony is 20 he is brown with a black mane and a white mark on her forehead and her mate Jas is black.
My kitten is black and white and has a heart on her foot for luck. I also have cows called Strawberry, Patches, Bluebell, Daisy and Star but she died.
I am 7 years old and in year 3 at school.
I love riding on my pony on the cart and lots of other places

From Tessa

13.2.14

Dear Alex
My name is Jack but I’m sometimes called Jack Cameron. My brother, Freddie, loves the ipad but I don’t. My mum’ s name is Meredith, Daddy’s name is Lee.
I like fishing. I like plumbing. I like biking.
I don’t like mouldy milk. I don’t like spiders.
I have cows, ducks and a cat called Pud Pud. I read in bed.

From Jack.

13.2.14

To Alex,

My name is Jasmine Divine-Smith. My name is a type of flower. My mum is from the same country as my dad, which is England; I also have a brother.
I love swimming races, zebras and holding chickens; especially baby ones.
I definitely don’t like flys, sticky stuff and the dark. I have seven chickens called Buff, Zebra, Siberian Tiger, All Blacks, Buzz, Slash and Sparkle. I don’t like noisy, silly people.

From Jasmine













13.2.14
Dear Alex,

Hi, my name is Lachlan Mackle. Sometimes people say my last name Mackie. In my family, I have one brother. He is five years old. My mum drives me to school. I love Lego because you can build things. I don’t like my brother hurting me. I have a guard dog called Leewy.

From Lachlan

13.2.14
Dear Alex

Hi my name is Brooke Keown. My name is a type of river. My family is very friendly. I also have a brother who I eleven. Me and my brother like climbing trees. I also have a mum and a dad; Shane and Sandra.
My family likes to play tennis, I like ice skating, my brother likes soccer, my mum also likes ice skating and my dad likes biking, my brother and I also like biking.
I definitely don’t like the dark and threatening movies. I don’t like wrestle and I only like small spiders. I also don’t like bumble bees. I have a rabbit called Thumper. I used have a bird called Roadie. We named our rabbit Thumper because it Thumps a lot. I’m noisy and a great school learner.

From Brooke

13.2.14
Dear Alex

My name is Joe Elder. I am not named after anyone. I have a little brother called Laurie, he is eight years old. I also have a mum and dad; Sam and Neale.
I am a fan of Ginger cake, reading and the colour green.
I’m scared of heights and darkness.
I’ve got a dog called Pip. She is a Labrador.
I’m going to play rugby again this year.

From Joe

13.2.14
Dear Alex

Hi my name is Briar Jury. I’m named after my cousin. My dad is called Wayne and he works most of the time. My mum is called Kim, her favourite colour is green. My Brother and sister are called Sam and Bonnie. My favourite colour is blue. I like cats and my favourite food is obviously ICE CREAM! I love fizzy drinks too. I do not like silly, noisy people that steal things from my awesome creations. I don’t like it when people lie to me.

From Briar







13.2.14
Dear Alex

Hi my name is Sophie Williamson, my friends call me Soph as a nickname. I have an older sister called Emily. My mum and dad’s names are Steve and Sarah. My Mum works for mount cook airline. I love popcorn and watching movies with my friends. I love tennis and laughing with my BFFs. I’m scared of the dark and spooky movies. I am also scared of bumblebees.
I have a cat called Hillary and two guinea pigs, they’re very noisy. I am always happy like a sunflower.

From Sophie

13.2.14
Dear Alex

Hi my name is Laurie. My real name is Lawrence. My family doesn’t have a television. But we can still watch films on youtube. I have a lovely brother and family. I am a fan of raspberries, tramping, whitebaiting and camping. I hate people that do oil drilling. I have a dog. I used to have a chicken but it died, it was mine. I’m going to play soccer again this year.

From Laurie



13.2.14
Dear Alex.

Hi my name is Eve Barnsley. My middle name is named after my great aunt Freda. I’m a fan of reading, berries, baking, horses and hockey. I hate mice, spiders, and some rugby. I have six chickens and a cat. I generally start three books at a time.

From Eve

13.2.14
Dear Alex

Hi my name is Clare Martin. My nickname is buzzy. I have a little sister called Lucy and a brother called Sam. I have a mum and dad called Shane and Mary. I am a fan of the colour blue, music and lollies. I do not like silly stuff. I have a pet dog called Floyd and a horse called Amy.

From Clare

13.2.14
Dear Alex

My name is Finn Henry. My nickname is Finnmickmasil. My family lives on a farm. I have two brothers called Declan and George.
I love jelly, berries, ice cream, lollies and chocolate.
I don’t like slime, stinky stuff and spiders.
I have a chicken called Sarah and a lamb called Cupcake.
On rainy days I like to watch cars 2.

From Finn

13.2.14
Dear Alex

My name is Jonty Kench. I hate my name because I don’t like being told off. I have a cool family. I love my family and they love me too. I have a sister called Emma and a mum and a dad.
I’m a fan of Spirit Animals game, strawberries and gold.
I hate spiders and stinky stuff and mice. I have a dog called Zac, I love him so much. He is AWESOME!
I’m going to Auzzie in the holidays.

From Jonty

13.2.14
Dear Alex

Hi my name is Hugo Ranken. I don’t know why my name is Hugo. I have a lovely family. I have a brother called George and a beautiful sister called Matilda.
I love sprite and Fanta and my dog.
I hate stinky stuff. I definitely don’t like TV.
I have a dog, she is 12 years old. I have 6 horses.
I am a chatterbox. I am really loud.

From Hugo

13.2.14
To Alex

My name is Ryan Wearing. My nickname is RW. I have a brother called Brock, he is 10 years old. I have a Mum and Dad. I like spirit animals, strawberries and motorbikes. I hate stinky things because they smell. I have a cat called Morrie, he is AWESOME! People think I am noisy.

From Ryan



13.2.14
To Alex

My name is Hanna Alsop, my dad’s work is Alsop’s Joinery. I have a brother called Daniel; he can be very annoying. My dad is called Johnny and my mum is called Suzy. I love them all. I love raspberries, meringues and sponge cake. I also like Lego and drawing. School’s ok. Sport is my thing. I hate stinky stuff, pink, dolls and sometimes Daniel, cheese factories and sometimes wine factories. I have a puppy called Pip, she is cheeky but soooo cute. She was in a litter of 12. Her breeder looks after her when we are away.

From Hanna


No comments:

Post a Comment