Introduction

We are based at Ladbrooks School.
Our school is a full primary in a rural area just outside Christchurch.
We are an enthusiastic learning community of Year 3-5 children and two teachers, Ali and Jo.
We love to learn and enjoy having fun.
Thanks for following us on our learning adventures...

Look down to the right at the labels. Find your child's name or...
Reading ideas - "Great Reads"
General photos - "Sport" or "Toroa"

Wednesday 5 August 2015

George's Speech

I think  that rugby is the best sport.


 I play for waihora rugby club, it's the best club around here and that's why I love rugby.  It's such a great sport, you can make good friends, you get super fit, sometimes you even get trophies!  How cool is that?

Waihora club is great because all my friends play in my team, these are new people different from my school mates.  This means that I'm getting a wider friendship base, which is great. Its fun because you can smash people, get really muddy. Who doesn't love getting muddy.  I love giving speeches at the end of the games well.

Secondly,  you get fit because you are sprinting around for a hour and we play every Saturday.  We practise once a week for an hour, this is why rugby gets you fit. The field is 100 meters long, which is a long way to run.  If you this twice a week for a couple of hours then you're going to be super fit.

I love getting trophies.  I've got five this year.  You get them good tackling, running and being player of the day.  Man it feels awesome to get a trophy.  When you play rugby you get trophies.

So come on people please  everyone should play rugby, you'll get fit, make friends and ...wait for it, get a trophy.  Trust me you'll love it.

By George.

1 comment: