Introduction

We are based at Ladbrooks School.
Our school is a full primary in a rural area just outside Christchurch.
We are an enthusiastic learning community of Year 3-5 children and two teachers, Ali and Jo.
We love to learn and enjoy having fun.
Thanks for following us on our learning adventures...

Look down to the right at the labels. Find your child's name or...
Reading ideas - "Great Reads"
General photos - "Sport" or "Toroa"

Sunday 14 September 2014

More persuasive speeches


Hockey Is The Best Sport                                                    Clare Martin

I am going to tell you why hockey is the best sport.
You can become agile, you get good ball skills and most importantly you get fit. Who wouldn’t want to be fit?

Now people being agile is good for your muscles, your ligaments and for strength. Imagine you were being chased by a wild beast.

Having ball skills is great you can dodge your enemies and hit the ball through their legs!

Getting fit is awesome because its good for the strength in your bones.

So I urge you my friends to play hockey – start today – become more agile, get good ball skills and get fit. Go on give it a try!




Why I Think Netball Is Great                                                  Emma Hay

I think netball is the best sport and I’m going to tell you why.

Firstly you get to shoot goals, you run around a lot and you learn new skills. When you get to play attack you get the ball and shoot from a long way and sometimes score. This is awesome when it goes in you feel amazing and proud.

Secondly dodging your opponents. Fitness and racing to get the ball gets you puffed which makes you super fit. So that’s why you should play netball!

Finally you learn new skills like pivoting, defending, different throws and catching.

So netball is awesome and I recommend you should try it today.



I Think Everyone Should Learn Maori                                  Awatea Christenson

I think everyone should learn maori because its fun and good for the brain and the main culture of New Zealand.

Firstly its fun. Its fun trying to say new words for the first time as you can laugh at the way the words are pronounced. Its sociable and you do it with others. After a while you get used to the language.

I believe your brain makes new connections when you speak maori. I’m telling you, give maori a try.

Lastly maori is normally spoken only in New Zealand, when you hear other people saying it in other countries you feel proud to be a New Zealander.

So my friends – give maori a try. Why wouldn’t you? Its fun, good for the brain and its super special for New Zealand.




Why Everyone Should Learn To Ski                                 Ryan Wearing

I think everyone should learn to ski.
It’s  a one season sport. Its fun and there are all different levels and most importantly you can race.

Now people it’s a one season thing, when its snowy and is cold, so you don’t have it all year round.

Secondly some people go to the mountain all the time because its so much fun. You can play games and you get fit. Come on people have a try.

Lastly  you can race to win things and race at other fields which makes you more experienced.

So next time you’re near  ski field ask to go up.















Why Everyone Should Play Netball                                             Annika Palmer

I think everyone should play netball because it makes you fit. There are a lot of reasons too.

Firstly you get to learn your teams names when you pass the ball. You learn to shoot. I believe you will have fun playing netball.

Now people there are lots of different skills like pivoting and there lots more too. You get to cheer. Your team on. There is a lot of different positions that you can play like attack and many more. I believe you can try to get goals you can shoot from a long way. You have to do dodging to get the ball.

Lastly and most importantly it is fun.

So these are all the reasons  why you should play netball. See you at the courts!!





Why My Dog I s The Craziest Creature On Earth                           Hanna Alsop

I think my dog is the craziest creature on earth and I’m going to tell you why.

First she’s scared of cats. Second she runs away when you call her and lastly she a retriever who doesn’t retrieve things.

Now my dog Pip is really weird she is scared of cats and I don’t mean a little bit scared. I mean terrified of cats, whenever she sees a cat, I mean any cat she runs behind my legs, shakes cowardly and whimpers. What kind of a dog is that?

Next whenever you call her she runs away but not like she’s scared of something but she’s not. She just wants to play.

But most importantly she is a retriever who doesn’t retrieve things!!!! I think that’s just weird. When you throw a ball she doesn’t give it back!

See my friends don’t you agree my dog is definitely the craziest creature on earth!
I Think Everyone Should Play Soccer                                                Finn Henry


I think everyone should play soccer because you get to kick the ball, to pass and to score goals.


Firstly to play soccer you need to pass and kick the ball because you will score a goal. If you play soccer you learn to pass and chase the ball.

Secondly when you play soccer you will do lots of exercise and fun activities. You can make lots of friends because soccer is a team sport.

I think when you score a goal your team mates are happy. You could even win the game.

I think soccer is a good sport, so why don’t you give it a go?

















1 comment:

  1. Well done everyone. Yes Han I'd have to agree, Pip is a crazy dog, sweet too though.

    ReplyDelete